So it’s again that time of the year – winter – the season when you eat a lot, drink a lot, party a lot and of course head out for lot of new adventures! It is winter when you explore new edges, meet new people and try out new sports. Don’t let the winter dominate and keep you indoor; get outside and discover the whole new world that awaits you. Here I have jotted down some of the most exciting adventures of winter; take a quick look and try out your favorite sports –
- Heli – Hiking – If you want to get really wild this season, opt for this sport. In Canada’s Banff National Park, hiking trails are organized through helicopters under strict supervision. After being lifted to the peak, hikers are guided through a number of rocky alpine crests, vast meadows and snow-covered pine forests. One needs a minimum of two companions to opt for this exciting sport as the authority doesn’t allow any hiking with less than three members. The entire sport costs $325 per person. You will get a number of cheap car rental services in Banff or anywhere in Canada; rent a car from any of them to reach the place.
Heli – Hiking
- Snowshoeing – Though trekking through the snows with tennis rackets tied to your feet doesn’t seem to be a very nice experience initially, actually it’s a great experience; at least people who have done the same, are of such experiences. This is precisely due to the advancement of technology – today you no longer have to wear the gigantic shoes; instead they are very comfortable and quite compact. Though the task seems to be a bit strenuous for the beginners, experienced hikers enjoy the journey thoroughly. Silver Dollar Lake trail offers some of the best snowshoeing sports in the northern hemisphere.
- Ice Climbing – So you have decided to go crazy this winter – then what about climbing a vertical wall of ice, the smoothest surface ever? If you are really ready to rock then Ouray Ice Park in Colorado is the destination for you. This extreme sports sounds to be extremely dangerous and it is actually so! Hence you will find several experienced and trained instructors who will teach you how to climb a wall of ice without causing serious injuries to you. Instructors always fasten their students to solid ground with the security lines, and regular sprinklers frequently strengthen the wall of ice in order to prevent landslide.
- Dog sledding – This is another most popular winter adventure that people enjoy a lot. Apart from enjoying the adrenalin rush of the sport, you will also get to relish the traditional cuisines and watch herds of reindeers in the fields. Make sure that you are well aware about the dog handlers and the team of the dogs beforehand in so that you don’t get involved in any sorts of unpleasing incidents.
- Ice festivals – If you are not that daring to experience any of the sports, mentioned above, don’t think that winter is going to be boring for you. Just look out for the different sorts of festivals that are going on in your town as well as the surrounding neighborhoods. Many a times there are musical festivals where not only the stages but also the instruments like horns, guitars, harps and drums are made of ice!